The Golden rules are:
- Do not leave anything of value lying around.
- Make sure mobile phones and other electronic devices are stored out of harms way protected from dust etc.
- Take all paintings and ornaments off the walls and out of the room in which the work is to take place.
- Sensitive floor finishes and carpets should be protected with boards and drop sheets by your contractor as required.
- The contractor (worth his salt) should tape up and protect all frames both timber and metal door and window frames.
- All furniture left in the room should be covered with a drop sheet and the entire floor (if the work is extensive) should be covered/protected.
- Organize access with someone responsible for locking up and unlocking the site on a daily basis.